Salmon fillets with minty pesto
Skill level: Easy peasy
Salmon fillets with minty pesto is so easy and ready in just 25 minutes to make an easy dinner recipe. The quick pesto is made with rocket, mint and lemon juice to keep it light and fresh, while cashews give it that distinctive nutty flavour. Serve your new potatoes for a delicious dinner.
- 4 salmon fillets (175g each)
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 lemon, plus extra wedges, to serve
- Large pack fresh mint, leaves removed
- 100g bag rocket
- 30g cashew nuts, toasted
- 50g Pecorino cheese, grated
This salmon recipe would be perfect served with new potatoes or even mashed potatoes.
- Lightly brush both sides of the salmon fillets with a little of the oil and cook in a heated non-stick frying pan for 5 mins, without moving them. Turn the fillets and continue to cook for a further 5 mins or until cooked to your liking. Squeeze over the juice of ½ lemon.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto, put the mint, handful of the rocket, remaining lemon juice and cashews into a small food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the oil and 2tbsp water, season and blitz to combine. Stir in the Pecorino.
- Serve the salmon with the pesto, rocket, lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 489(kcal)
- Fat 35.0g
- Saturates 7.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.