Spicy Caribbean sausages
One-pot spicy Caribbean sausages are so easy to make with sausages, red onion, sweet potato and mango roasted with jerk spices for a colourful dinner. It's a great way to make a traditional sausage casserole more summery. If you’re not keen on a spicy kick, swap the jerk seasoning for smoked paprika.
- 400g chipolata sausages
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g mango, cut into chunks
- 2tsp agave syrup
- 50g Peppadew peppers, sliced
- 1tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1tbsp olive oil
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Put the sausages into a roasting tin with the red onion, potato, mango, agave and Peppadews. Add the spice mix, then toss well to coat. Drizzle over the oil and season.
- Roast the sausages for 25-30 mins, tossing halfway through the cooking time. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
© copyright goodtoknow.co.uk 2017