Peach and orange drizzle loaf
Cooking time:+ cooling
Skill level: Bit of effort
Peach and orange drizzle loaf is fruity and zingy, with a pretty topping. There are only four steps and you won’t need too many ingredients. The flavours really come through but it's a light sponge, so it's perfect for afternoon tea.
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 125g each polenta and gluten-free plain baking flour
- 100g pack ground almonds
- ¼tsp xanthan gum
- 2tsp baking powder
- Zest 2 oranges, juice of ½
- 6tbsp peach compote (Bonne Maman)
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 peach, sliced
Store this cake in an airtight tin and eat within 3 days of baking. If you don’t want to use dairy, swap the butter for Stork Original Baking Block.
- Heat the oven to 150C, gas 3. Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the eggs. Fold in the polenta, flour, almonds, xanthan gum, baking powder and zest. Lightly fold in 4tbsp compote and pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 50 mins-1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix together the icing sugar with just enough orange juice to make a thick drizzle. Toss the peach slices with the remaining compote.
- Put the loaf onto a serving plate and decorate with the peach slices. Drizzle over the icing and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 673-538(kcal)
- Fat 36.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.