Slimming World's Mississippi mud pie
Prep time:plus cooling and setting
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's Mississippi mud pie is a classic with a makeover, using skimmed milk and quark - but no one will know the difference! Plus, it takes just 30 mins to prepare. This American classic has been reinvented with guilt-free swaps, thanks to the low-fat spread, low-fat digestive biscuits, skimmed milk and quark. Finish with a light grating of chocolate. Everyone will enjoy Slimming World’s show-stopping lighter version of this much loved American chocolate dessert.
- 60g low fat spread
- 10 reduced fat digestive biscuits
- 10 sheets of leaf gelatine
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 4 level tbsp cocoa powder, plus 1 tsp to dust
- 2 tsp coffee granules
- 250g quark
- 3 x 175g pots Muller Light Vanilla yogurt (or any free vanilla yogurt)
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- 5g milk chocolate, grated, to decorate
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas 5 and line an 18cm springform tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Melt the spread in a pan over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the biscuits in a sealable food bag, bash into fine crumbs and tip into a bowl. Pour in the melted spread, stir well and spoon the mixture into the prepared tin to cover the base, pressing down evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the gelatine sheets into a small bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soften for 5 minutes.
- Mix the milk, cocoa powder and coffee granules in a jug and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes. Squeeze the excess liquid from the gelatine sheets, add the sheets to the milk and whisk until they have dissolved.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the quark, yogurt, sweetener and cooled milk using a hand whisk and pour on to the biscuit base. Chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Release the pie from the tin and put the pie, still on its base if necessary, on a serving plate. Sprinkle over the grated chocolate and extra cocoa and slice to serve.