Greek-style stuffed chicken and salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Greek-style stuffed chicken is made with spinach and feta and a mixed veg salad for a healthy dinner that's just 313 calories and ready in 30 mins. It's full of lovely light flavours, including tingly mint and sweet shallot - if the mint is a bit strong for you, try basil instead. Make it fresh and serve straight away, drizzled with juices from the pan.
- 4 blocks frozen spinach
- 2tbsp frozen chopped shallot
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1tsp dried mint
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- ½ lemon
- Splash white wine or sherry
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 400g tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 1tsp dried or fresh oregano
- 2tsp sherry vinegar
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
If the mint is a bit too strong for you in this recipe, use basil leaves instead.
- Defrost the spinach. Cook the shallot in the olive oil with the mint. Stir in the spinach, season well, then add the feta.
- Make a deep, horizontal incision in each chicken breast to make a pocket. Stuff the spinach mixture inside and seal with a couple of cocktail sticks.
- Put the chicken into a roasting tin, brush with a little oil, squeeze over the lemon and add the wine and a splash of water. Cook for 25 mins.
- Make the salad by mixing together the remaining ingredients, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve the chicken with the salad and the pan juices drizzled over.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 313(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.