Mini roasted cauliflowers with tomato sauce
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Mini roasted cauliflowers with tomato sauce, spinach and pancetta make a veg-packed dinner for the whole family. This easy recipe takes only 35 mins to make. The mini cauliflower heads are the perfect size to roast quickly, cooked in a rich tomato sauce with Worcestershire sauce kick. Top with a generous helpingof cheese. This tasty recipe counts as 5 of your 5-a-day and is only 407 calories per serving.
Blitz the tomato sauce if you prefer a smoother texture
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 250g mushrooms, chopped
- 400ml tomato passata
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 small whole cauliflowers
- 8 slices pancetta
- 80g bag baby spinach
- 75g grated Gruyère
- Heat the oven to 190C, gas 5. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and cook the onion, carrot and mushrooms for 10 mins. Add the passata and Worcestershire sauce, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pop the cauliflowers in the microwave and cook to soften, for about 5 mins. Meanwhile, grill the bacon until crispy, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Arrange the spinach on the base of an ovenproof dish. Top with the cauliflowers and pour over the vegetable sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 10 mins. Top with the crumbled bacon and cheese, then pop back in the oven for 5 mins to melt the cheese.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 407(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.