Cheesy smoked haddock pie with veg mash
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Delcious cheesy smoked haddock pie is so simple to make and bursting with flavour, plus it's topped with carrot and swede mash for extra goodness. This cheat's pie is so easy to make using a shopbought three cheese sauce, but the results are so good. This is proper comfort food that's ready in under an hour. Plus, you'll be pleased to know that a portion of this hearty pie works out at only 209 calories per serving! Pass the spoon.
- 400g frozen smoked haddock
- Juice 1 lemon
- 200g frozen spinach
- 1x350g pack three cheese sauce
- 600g frozen carrot and swede mash
- 50g Gruyère cheese, grated
Frozen vegetables are just as healthy as fresh. They're easily stored and taste just as good.
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Put the frozen fish into an ovenproof baking dish and squeeze over the lemon juice. Bake for 10 mins. Pour away any excess liquid that cooks out.
- Meanwhile, in a pan gently heat the frozen spinach and sauce until well combined and smooth. Pour over the fish.
- Microwave the vegetables to pack instructions and stir with a fork. Spoon the mash over the fish and sauce, return to the oven for 30 mins until cooked through. Sprinkle the cheese over and grill for 3-4 mins until golden.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 209(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.