BBQ chicken baguettes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
BBQ chicken baguettes are made with mini chicken fillest smothered in BBQ sauce and piled with onion rings and salad. Oh, and cheese - and garlic butter! These loaded baguettes are so easy to make and are great for a casual dinner. Line up all the ingredients and let everyone create their own, with as much or as little of each topping as they like.
- 6 frozen chicken mini fillets
- 2tbsp Reggae Reggae BBQ sauce
- 160g frozen Mediterranean veg
- 8 battered onion rings
- 1 frozen bake at home baguette
- 50g garlic butter, such as Lurpak
- 50g grated cheese
- 50g fresh green salad leaves
The BBQ chicken and topping in this recipe would work just as well stuffed into pitta pockets, on top of a pizza base or English muffins.
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Defrost the chicken fillets in the microwave (around 10 mins), then mix with the BBQ sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins. Lay out the Mediterranean veg and onion rings on a baking tray and cook from frozen for around 15 mins. Pop the bread in the oven to thaw and bake through.
- Divide the bread in half horizontally and top with the garlic butter, chicken, veg and cheese. Pop back in the oven to melt the cheese, then serve with the fresh leaves and the onion rings.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 720(kcal)
- Fat 34.0g
- Saturates 19.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.