Slimming World's full English breakfast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's full English breakfast is a healthier version of the traditional fry-up, with eggs, mushrooms, beans, potatoes and tomatoes. It makes a delicious (and guilt-free!) start to the day and is perfect for the whole family to wake up to at the weekend. If you're on the Slimming World plan, you won't have to miss out! Sprinkled with fresh herbs like parsley and oregano, this brunch is bursting with flavour. This healthier fry up uses low calorie cooking spray, so it's better for you too.
- 750g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- low calorie cooking spray
- 8 tomatoes, halved
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 400g of your favourite mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 2 x 415g cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
We'd recommend choosing chestnut mushrooms for a fru up as they have a lovely, earthy flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and spread them out on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray, season and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, arrange the tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking parchment, sprinkle over the dried oregano and season to taste. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast for 15-20 minutes on the shelf under the potatoes.
- While the potatoes and tomatoes are roasting, spray a wide non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the beans, stir to mix well and cook for 5 minutes to heat the beans through.
- Poach the eggs in a saucepan of gently simmering water (4-5 minutes for soft, up to 8-10 minutes for firm).
- Divide the potatoes, tomatoes and the bean and mushroom mixture between plates. Top with the poached eggs, grind over a little black pepper and scatter over the parsley to serve.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website