Mini baked orange cheesecakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Mini baked orange cheesecakes couldn't be easier to make and they'll make a really nice change to the classic large cheesecake recipes you'll find. They're so pretty with pomegranate seeds scattered over the top, which makes them stand out as an impressive dessert. The syrup drizzle adds a little extra sweetness. These are a great way to serve dessert to a crowd, as this recipe makes 12. Pass them round when you have friends visiting and they'll be the perfect sweet bite to share.
- Juice 1 lemon
- Zest and juice 3 oranges
- 150g caster sugar
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 85g unsalted butter, melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml single cream
- 4 passion fruit
- 75g pomegranate seeds
You can experiment with different kinds of fruit for the drizzle - try using seasonal strawberries or raspberries in summer or blackberries in autumn
- To make the orange syrup: in a pan, heat the lemon juice, orange zest and juice, and caster sugar with 2tbsp water. Bubble for 3 mins, then set aside.
- Heat the oven to 170C, gas 3½ and grease a 12-hole muffin tin. Crush the digestives in a food processor and mix with the melted butter. Divide between the muffin tin and press lightly.
- Beat the cream cheese with the eggs, then stir in the cream and two-thirds of the orange syrup. Divide between the muffin tin, smooth the tops and bake for 25 mins.
- Add the passion fruit to the leftover syrup, then stir in 1tsp water and bubble for 1 min. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds, then mix with the pomegranate seeds and drizzle over the cheesecakes once cooled completely.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 362(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.