Slimming World's slow cooked lamb navarin
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's slow cooked lamb navarin is guilt-free comfort food at it's finest. This dish is what we would call lamb stew with a twist. Made with tender cut of lamb and chunky vegetables slowly cooked in a stock flavoured with cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and mixed herbs - it doesn't get tastier than this! This slow-cooked recipe will take around 8hrs to cook and serves 4 people. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
- 900g lean lamb fillets or leg steaks, all visible fat removed
- 200g baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 baby courgettes, halved lengthways and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 200ml lamb stock
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
If you want to use a different meat we'd recommend beef or pork.
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker pot, season and stir.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on the medium setting, or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves and serve garnished with chopped parsley.