Harvester's royal chicken crown salad
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Fresh and simple ingredients make the best salads. Our favourite combo at the moment is from Harvesterís salad bar Ė delicious chargrilled chicken on a bed of crunchy salad thatís easy to make and full of flavour. Featuring chargrilled chicken, refreshing cucumber, iceberg lettuce, slices of sweet yellow and red pepper and a sprinkling of soft raisins, Harvesterís royal chicken crown salad is perfect for a light lunch or a healthy dinner. Harvesterís salad expert Chris Griffin created this delicious recipe from its famous salad bar to celebrate the Queenís 90th birthday and now you can re-create it at home, or make it for yourself at your local Harvester salad bar. With more than 16 fresh ingredients on offer, there are endless salad combos to try that will delight your taste buds.
Double the ingredients then store half in the fridge for lunch the next day
- 1 half iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 50 ml blue cheese dressing
- 1 quarter cucumber, sliced
- 1 half red pepper, sliced
- 1 half yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 chargrilled chicken breast
- Wash and chop the iceberg lettuce, then place in a large mixing bowl
- Drizzle with blue cheese dressing and mix together to form the base of the salad.
- Next, slice the sweet peppers, cucumber and cut the tomatoes into quarters. Add to the bowl and mix well
- Next, place the chicken breast in a griddle pan with a splash of olive oil and cook, turning a couple of times, on a low heat for twelve minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the raisins into the bowl and toss everything together.
- Finally, pile the salad base onto a plate, slice the chicken breast in half and place it on top to serve.
For more info on Harvesterís delicious salad bars, visit http://www.harvester.co.uk/salad
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.