Curried cauliflower crunch
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Love cauliflower? Then Harvester's delicious curried cauliflower crunch is for you. It's bursting with unusual yet delicious flavour combinations for a lightly spiced treat. This salad features curried coronation cauliflower, which you can make yourself at home or enjoy at your local Harvester salad bar. Combining sweetcorn, red onion and a crunchy lettuce base, this dish is perfect as a side or light lunch. Full of nutritious veggies and packed with flavour, Harvester's salad expert Chris Griffin created this delicious recipe from its famous salad bar - we're hooked on it and are pretty sure you will be too!
Give it an extra kick and drizzle on some hot sauce to step up the spice
IngredientsFor the coronation cauliflower
- 1 small potato, steamed
- 2 cauliflower florets, boiled
- 1tbs of mayonnaise
- 1 half tsp of mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt
For the salad base
- 1 half iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 half red onion, sliced
- 1 half 198g tin of sweetcorn
- 1 small handful of raisins
- 8 black olives
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- Chop and boil the potato for ten minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Steam the cauliflower until tender and set to one side to cool.
- Next, wash and chop the iceberg lettuce, then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Grate the carrot and add to the bowl, along with the red onion and sweetcorn.
- Now, in a small cup, mix the mayo, Greek yoghurt and mild curry powder together to make the coronation mayo. Add to the potato and cauliflower and mix well. Add a sprinkle of raisins and place it all in the bowl.
- Place the lettuce mixture onto a plate and top with the coronation cauliflower, garnishing with olives and onion flakes.
For more info on Harvester's delicious salad bars, visit harvester.co.uk
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.