Slimming World's roast dinner
Skill level: Easy peasy
This Slimming World roast dinner recipe gives your classic Sunday roast a healthy makeover, making it ideal for those on the Slimming World plan or if you're just trying to eat a little healthier. Complete with Slimming World's roast potatoes, this Slimming World roast dinner recipe is sure to become a family favourite. This roast dinner recipe serves a family of 4 and takes just 20 mins to prepare, then 1hr and 20 mins. But it's well worth the wait! Add all sorts of vegetables to your feast; try carrots, broccoli, mange tout and you'll be well on the way to getting some of your 5-a-day in one sitting.
- 1kg potatoes, enough for 4 people
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 chicken breasts
- selection of vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, peas or mange tout
- 4 level tsp gravy granules
Turn leftover veggies into bubble and squeak and eat with a healthy salad the next day for lunch!
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6.
- To make roast potatoes, slice as many as you need into quarters and parboil for 8-10 mins. Drain and return to the pan, shaking it to roughen up the edges.
- Put the potatoes in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and toss to coat well. Roast for 40 mins or until brown and crispy.
- With 20 mins to go, spray a non-stick baking sheet with low calorie cooking spray and roast 4 chicken breasts.
- Cook a selection of vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, peas and mange tout in boiling water for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Measure out 4 level tsp gravy granules and make up the gravy according to the packet instructions. Pour over the gravy and serve hot.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group, visit the Slimming World website