Slimming World's butternut squash tortilla
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's butternut squash tortilla is a delicious recipe to enjoy at lunch time with fresh salad leaves. It's a great packed lunch alternative when you're bored of the same old sandwich or salad. This easy to make tortilla uses a Slimming World favourite - Quark, which makes the tortilla extra light and fluffy. Serving around 4 people, it will take around 50 mins to cook and 10 mins to prepare. It's a great one for making in advance and will last a few days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. This tortilla is ideal for using up any leftover butternut squash you might have from a Sunday roast or when it's in season.
- 400g butternut squash, cut into bite-sized pieces (prepared weight)
- 400g new potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 150g quark
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pack in an airtight plastic container and serve with a big mixed salad.
- Boil the squash and potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook the onions in low calorie cooking spray for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the quark and gradually whisk in the eggs. Add the onions, squash and potatoes with some seasoning and mix together well.
- Heat a non-stick 26cm ovenproof frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray.
- Spoon in the egg mixture and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the tortilla to a plate. Leave to cool and then slice into portions. Pack in an airtight plastic container and serve with a big mixed salad.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website