Slimming World's cheese and onion sandwich
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's cheese and onion sandwich is certainly a healthy option when it comes to lunch. This lunch box filler is great for adults and children. It's made using wholemeal bread and lower-fat filling including Cheddar and cottage cheese. The spring onions give the cheese a real kick of flavour. This sandwich is best prepared and eaten on the same day so the bread stays soft and the filling is fresh. We'd recommend making in the morning before school or work if you plan on adding to your packed lunch. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread (from a small 400g loaf)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp low fat natural cottage cheese
- 15g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Store the filling in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Put the spring onions, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese and parsley in a bowl. Season and mix well.
- Spread the mixture over one slice of bread and sandwich with another slice. This sandwich tastes great with celery sticks!
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website