Frozen yogurt berry bark
Prep time:plus overnight
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Your little ones are going to love tucking into this easy to make frozen yogurt berry bark. Using only three ingredients, this frozen yogurt treat is the perfect sweet treat on warm, summer days. This recipe uses Greek yogurt along with dried strawberries and pistachios. If you and your family would prefer a different dried fruit or nut you can swap them for your chosen one instead. This frozen yogurt bark makes the ideal alternative to ice lollies. This recipe will take around 10 mins to prepare plus overnight chilling time and serves around 8 people.
- 150g full-fat thick Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried or fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios, or other nut of your choice
Wrap baking paper around the pieces of bark when serving, to help little ones eat it (it can be cold to hold and melts quickly)
- Line a baking tray or small freezer-safe pan with greaseproof paper. Roughly chop the pistachios.
- Spread the yoghurt thinly, about 1cm thick, on the greaseproof paper. Sprinkle the pistachios and strawberries evenly over the yoghurt. Freeze uncovered overnight.
- Remove from the baking sheet once frozen.
- Break into small pieces and serve immediately as it defrost quickly. Store extra pieces in a freezer-safe container.
Baby at the Table by Michela and Emanuela Chiappa is published by Michael Joseph, ￡16.99