Banana teething rusks
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Your little one will love munching on these banana teething rusks. These homemade rusks are so easy to make and take only 10 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook. This recipe makes 18-20 rusks which means you'll have plenty to keep your tot going for days. This recipe uses only a handful of ingredients including fresh banana. It's much healthier making these biscuits from scratch instead of buying them.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4–6 tbsps water
- 1 ripe banana
- 100g baby rice cereal
Keep these treats in the fridge so they last longer!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Mash the peeled banana in a bowl.
- Mix in the rice cereal, flour and oil.
- Add a tablespoon of the water at a time until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll into finger-size batons, place on a baking tray and press with your finger to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2–3 days.
Baby at the Table by Michela and Emanuela Chiappa is published by Michael Joseph, ￡16.99