Joe Wicks' naughty steak burrito with pineapple salsa
Serves: 1 (makes 2 wraps)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Joe says: 'This big boy needs no introduction. It tastes nawtee but it's got all the good stuff your muscles want after a workout. Let the lean gains commence!'
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x 225g sirloin steak, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 100g pre-cooked rice
- 40g tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 75g pineapple, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced - remove the seeds if you don't like it hot
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- shredded iceberg lettuce
Cooking for more than one? Simply multiply the ingredients. This recipe make two wraps so could feed you and one other if it's more for a light lunch than a big dinner.
- For this Lean in 15 meal melt the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the steak strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until they're nice and brown, but still a little rare. Chuck in the spring onions and jerk seasoning and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Next, add the rice and kidney beans, crumbling the rice between your fingers as you drop it in. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of water, which will bubble up and steam - this will help warm through the rice and beans.
- Stir the ingredients for about 2 minutes until the rice is fully broken up and warmed through, separating any clumps with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through 1 tablespoon of the chopped coriander. Keep to one side while you make the salsa.
- Place the remaining coriander, pineapple chunks, chilli and the juice of half the lime in a bowl along with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Zap the tortillas in the microwave at 900w for 20 seconds.
- Construct your wraps by piling up the rice and steak, topping with the lettuce and salsa, and then finishing with a squeeze of lime juice.
Lean in 15: The Shape Plan by Joe Wicks is out now (Bluebird, £16.99)
Image copyright: Maja Smend 2015