Joe Wicks' carrot and apple muffins
Total time:Plus cooling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Joe says, 'These are a great little snack to eat with a cup of tea. I mean, who doesn't love a muffin? They'll take 40 minutes to make so why not invite some friends over and enjoy them together?'
- 2 medium carrots, grated (130g)
- 2 medium eating apples, peeled and grated (170g)
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g raisins
- 1½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g cream cheese
- 2 tsp honey
These will keep well for up to three days in an air tight tin, so why not make a batch to see you through the first half of the week?
- For this Lean in 15 snack recipe preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with small muffin cases.
- Place all the ingredients apart from 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, the cream cheese and the honey in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cases and slide into the oven. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, by which time they will be cooked through and a little golden on the top. Leave to cool.
- While the muffins are cooling, whip together the remaining vanilla extract, cream cheese and honey, adding a splash of water to slacken if needed.
- When the muffins are totally cool, spread the cream cheese icing on top.
Lean in 15: The Shape Plan by Joe Wicks is out now (Bluebird, £16.99)
Image copyright: Maja Smend 2015