Low-calorie Weetabix chocolate brownies
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
These low-calorie Weetabix chocolate brownies are perfect if you're trying to be healthy or are looking for a guilt-free version of your favourite chocolate treat. They really are so easy to make, taking around 25 mins to cook and only 10 mins to prepare. The Weetabix adds a delicious crunch to each brownie bite. A portion of our brownies works out at only 74 calories per serving as well as only 3g of fat. This recipe uses a Slimming World favourite - MullerLight yogurt - which adds a bit of sweetness to the recipe. They're the perfect snack with a cup of tea or served for dessert with a dollop of ice cream or cream for a special treat.
- 4 Weetabix, plus 1 for decoration
- 200ml water
- 40g cocoa powder, plus 1/4tsp for decoration
- 1x 175g tub of Cherry Muller Light (or flavour of your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 150g cherries, optional
- Preheat oven 180C, gas 4 and line a 16cm x 26cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. In a large mixing bowl add the Weetabix and water and stir and crush until it forms a thick paste-like texture.
- Add the cocoa powder, yogurt and eggs and bring together with an electric whisk until combined. The mixture needs to be smooth and glossy with plenty of air bubbles.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 mins until soft and squidgy to touch.
- Leave to cool for half an hour before removing from tin. Sieve over the remaining cocoa, top with cherries and the leftover crunched up Weetabix to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 74(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.