No-bake Snickers cheesecake
Prep time:plus setting time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This no-bake Snickers cheesecake is sure to be a big hit with friends and family. It's much easier to make than it looks, layered with crushed peanut cookies, a cream cheese filling bejewelled with more nuts, and a messy but delicious topping of melted chocolate, caramel and plenty of Snickers (of course!). This delicious no-bake cheesecake is perfect for special occasions serving 8-10 people. It'll take you around 30 mins to prepare this cheesecake and then you'll need to give it plenty of time to set in the fridge before decorating. It's great recipe for making in advance too.
IngredientsFor the base:
- 200g peanut cookies, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 100g mixed nuts, crushed (we used peanuts and pistachios)
- 4 regular Snickers bars, roughly chopped
- 50g milk chocolate, melted
- 6tbsp Carnation caramel
- 1-2tbsp chopped peanuts and pistachios
- Line an 18cm loose-base tin with greaseproof paper. In a large mixing bowl crush the peanut cookies using the end of a rolling pin or the base of a wooden spoon. Stir through the butter and press into the tin to form the base of the cheesecake and chill until needed.
- Remove the gelatine from the cold water and add to 50ml of water in a small pan to dissolve over a gentle heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone, cream cheese and icing sugar until well combined. Stir through the dissolved gelatine and the crushed nuts.
- Spoon the mixture onto the base and smooth over. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Once set, remove from the tin, spoon over the caramel sauce, top with Snickers, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle over the nuts.