Giant Bourbon biscuit
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
How amazing is this giant Bourbon biscuit? If you love classic chocolate Bourbon biscuits then you really have to try making this showstopping version. This giant biscuit is sure to turn a few heads when it comes to serving. But even though it looks impressive, you might be surprised to know it's so simple to make too – you will only need 10 mins to prepare it and another 20 mins to cook. This delicious giant biscuit will be ready in just five easy steps, which is great news if you have a few hungry little ones waiting for a treat. This giant Bourbon biscuit is made with a classic chocolate biscuit recipe and filled with a rich, Bourbon infused chocolate spread, so you know this biscuit is definitely one of a kind. This impressive bake is just what you need to cheer up a lazy Sunday, as it doesn’t take much work but will definitely make a great treat – especially with a giant cuppa! You can also get the kids to help you make it – they can learn how to mix ingredients and help you assemble the giant biscuit!
- 250g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 375g plain flour
- 6tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
For the filling:
- 300g Bourbon biscuit spread
- Preheat the oven 180C, gas 4. Grease and line two 16cm x 26cm baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring together with clean hands to form a dough.
- Cut the dough in half and roll out each to make a large rectangular shape to fit the tins. Put each biscuit into the trays and using letter cutters decorate each as a Bourbon biscuit. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Leave to cool before removing from the baking trays – use the greaseproof paper to help slide the biscuits off of the trays onto a wire rack.
- To assemble the giant biscuit, carefully spread one biscuit with the spread and place the second biscuit on top.