Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This gluten-free gravy recipe is so easy to make and perfect for those who have a gluten intolerance. You can use whichever meat juices you prefer – depending on what you’ve cooked as your showstopper for your Sunday roast. This gluten-free gravy will serve around 6-8 people and will take only a few minutes to cook. The cornflour adds a thickness to the gravy and the stock cubes make it richer in flavour. Leftovers can be frozen but must be defrosted and used within 1 month. Store in the fridge over night and make sure you reheat thoroughly before serving.
- Leftover meat juices from your chicken, beef, pork etc.
- 1 stock cube, we’ve used chicken but you could use any
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 3tbsp water
For best results make and serve on the same day.
- Remove the meat from the roasting tin. Drain the juices into a jug through a sieve.
- Add the stock cube to the meat juices and stir until dissolved.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the cornflour and water together to form a paste.
- Pour the juices into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the cornflour mixture to the boiling stock and carefully stir until dissolved.
- Turn the heat down and leave the gravy to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a clean jug and serve.