Pork chilli baked potatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This spicy pork chilli with baked potatoes will keep you warm in a cold autumnal or winter evening. Cook the mince with some garlic, cumin and coriander, not forgetting the chilli powder for extra kick. Tinned mixed beans and tomato passata will complete the tasty set and guarantee a delicious meal. Jacket potatoes are the ultimate British comfort food, so put your slippers on, and for maximum easiness, get your spuds ready-baked from the store and just heat them up in a microwave. Top with sour cream and parsley, and enjoy in good company. For a tasty meat-free version, just use Quorn mince instead, as it works just as well.
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- ¼tsp chilli powder
- 400g pork mince
- 400g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g passata
- 4x Ready Baked Jackets
- 4tbsp sour cream
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the sunflower oil in a casserole pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins. Add the garlic and spices, and cook for 2 mins, until fragrant. Tip in the pork and make sure to break it up to disperse any large lumps. Fry for 5 mins until it's browned all over.
- Add the beans to the pan and pour over the tomato passata. Stir well and bring the sauce to the boil. Then let the chilli simmer for 15 mins. Keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, microwave the jacket potatoes according to the instructions.
- To serve, put the potatoes onto plates and make a deep cross in the centre. Spoon the hot chilli over the cross. Top with sour cream and parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 500(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.