Slimming World's baked prawn parcels
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These clever Slimming World baked prawn parcels are filled with flavour and goodness and your friends and family will enjoy the fun of opening them at the table. They are so quick and easy to make for something so delicious, what's not to love! Shaving the courgette and asparagus is a great alternative way to enjoy the vegetables and add to the aesthetic and texture of the dish to give a great, fresh crunch. You can use this method for lots of other seafood too. If you prefer shellfish or salmon pop some in instead, just adjust the cooking times slightly to suit!
- 2 baby leeks, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 celery sticks, shredded
- 6 baby courgettes or 1 small courgette, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 4 thick asparagus spears, trimmed and shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 600g raw peeled king or tiger prawns
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 100ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 lemon slices
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you don't fancy dill then you could replace this with any herb - parsley or tarragon would also be delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/Fan 160°c/Gas 4. Cut out four pieces of tin foil, each about 25x25cm, and top each one with a slightly smaller piece of non-stick baking parchment. Bring up the edges a little and pinch the corners so that each parcel will hold its filling.
- Divide the vegetables between the parcels and top with the prawns. Mix the garlic salt and stock, and spoon this mixture over the prawns and vegetables.
- Sprinkle over the dill, top each parcel with a lemon slice and season to taste. Seal the parcels to enclose the filling and arrange on a large baking tray (you might need two trays).
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the prawns are cooked and pink and the vegetables are just tender (open one to check and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes if necessary).
- Discard the foil and serve hot with rice, inviting everyone to open the parcels at the table so they can enjoy the aroma.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s collection. To find your nearest group, visit slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000.
Images: Slimming World magazine/Gareth Morgans