Cheesy garlic Christmas bread
Prep time:plus proving
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy cheesy garlic Christmas bread recipe is perfect for sharing with friends and family around the Christmas holidays. It's so simple to make and is the ideal tear and share to have on your Christmas dinner table for the main event or as a party food. This recipe serves 8-10 and will only take 25 mins to bake whip is great if you're looking for something speedy to whip up on the day. This recipe uses a cheat of ready prepared bread mix which helps to speed up the preparation. The garlic and cheese works wonders on this delicious, golden loaf meaning it's a bit too moreish - we challenge you not to polish off the whole thing.
You can use readymade garlic butter or just melt 25g butter in the microwave and press a garlic clove into it.
- 500g white bread mix
- 100g hard mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 2tbsp milk
- 100g mixed grated cheese, we used mozzarella and cheddar
- 25g garlic butter, melted
- handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 220C. Stir the bread mix with 320ml lukewarm water until it comes together. Tip out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 mins. Transfer to an oiled bowl and cover with cling film, set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead again for 1 min. Divide into even pieces, shape into a rough circles and add a cube of mozzarella to the middle of each piece, and roll up.
- Fill a greased and lined star shaped tin with the dough balls, cover with oiled cling film and set aside in a warm place to double in size. Brush with milk and scatter over the grated cheese and bake in your preheated oven for 20 mins.
- Remove from the tin and brush with melted garlic butter whilst the bread is still hot, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.