Christmas selection box slab
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you're looking for a way to make the most out of your Christmas selection box this year then you have to try making this easy Christmas selection box slab. This slab brings some of your favourite Cadbury's selection box chocolate together in one mouth-watering chocolate shape. It would make a great food gift for loved ones or the perfect treat to tuck into with the kids on Christmas Eve whilst waiting patiently for Father Christmas. This recipe serves 10 people and will take only 7 mins to rustle up in total so could even be thrown together as a post-Christmas activity come Boxing Day when, if your house is anything like ours, you'll be overwhelmed with chocolates. With just a few steps and no cooking involved it's perfect for making with younger children who will love helping to spread out the chocolates and arranging all their favourite bars on top.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or on the kitchen side.
- Cadbury's Dairy Milk selection stocking box
- 200g milk chocolate, broken
- 100g dark chocolate, broken
- 100g white chocolate, broken (or chocolate buttons)
- To make the mould; take a sheet of tin foil, and top with a sheet of baking parchment. Set a Cadbury's dairy milk selection stocking box on top and trace around the edge with pencil. Fold over and twist the corners slightly to hold in place. Remove the box and your mould should stay in place.
- Break the milk, dark and white chocolate into separate bowls, melt each in the microwave separately. Do this in short bursts of ten seconds until the right consistency.
- Set the folded baking parchment and foil mould on a baking tray. Scrape in the milk chocolate in a few big blobs, top with the dark then the white chocolate. Gently spread to the edges with a spatula, making a few ‘marble’ swirls as you go.
- Set the chocolate bars on top leave to set for at least 2 hours before breaking apart and sharing.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.