Baileys and Nutella crepe cake
Serves: 8 - 10
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you've got a penchant for Nutella, or love a splash of Baileys, you'll want to give this creamy Baileys and Nutella crepe cake a try this Pancake Day for a really special treat. What's more, as you can use ready made crepes in this recipe that are easy to pick up with your weekly shop, it's a really quick cake to put together and takes relatively little effort – not that you need to tell anyone that! You'll need to whip up the Baileys cream, but that takes no time at all. Once you've got all your ingredients ready it's a case of stacking each pancake with a lovely layer of Nutella between each of the ready made crepes until your cake reaches the height you want it. You'll need to chill the cake afterwards to set the Nutella but once you've reached your desired height it's just a case of whipping up the Baileys and placing it on top of the cake before sprinkling some chocolate curls and crushed roasted hazelnuts on top – who said show stopping cakes had to be difficult?
- 20 ready made pancakes
- 1kg jar Nutella
- 300ml double cream
- 50ml Baileys
- chocolate curls
- roasted crushed hazelnuts
- If you want to make your pancakes first, use our ultimate pancake recipe.
- Otherwise, place a ready made crepe on the cake stand and spread a layer of Nutella on top. Repeat until your crepe cake is at the height you want it and then chill to firm up the chocolate.
For the Baileys cream topping
- To make the Baileys cream topping, pour 300ml of double cream and 50ml of Baileys into a bowl and whip until it is in soft peaks.
- Decorate the top of the Nutella cake with the cream and sprinkle with chocolate curls and crushed roasted hazelnuts.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.