Serves: 3 - 4
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you love Nutella, you'll just love this wonderful pancake recipe to try for breakfast or dessert. With oozing chocolate, this Nutella-stuffed pancake recipe would make a great weekend breakfast treat that the whole family will love, or an after dinner treat to make for friends. When you cut into this stack of delicious pancakes a surprise layer of Nutella oozes out, so it's a great one to try if you want to really impress the kids (and any chocolate lovers) for Shrove Tuesday. What's more, this easy recipe doesn't take much more effort than your usual Scotch pancake recipe either; it just requires a little bit more preparation by freezing some spoonfuls of Nutella for an hour before you want to start cooking. To top this impressive looking recipe off, you just need a handful of strawberries and a drizzling of cream and icing sugar.
- 12tbsp Nutella
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- knob of butter
- icing Sugar
- To make your pancakes, start by placing 12 tablespoons of Nutella on a tray and freeze them for an hour.
- In a bowl, place the flour, baking powder, milk and egg and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- In a pan melt the butter and add a scoop of the pancake mix.
- Place one of the frozen pieces of Nutella into the middle of the pancake batter and press it down, cover over with more pancake batter to hide the Nutella completely.
- Flip the pancake over and make sure both sides are cooked.
- Repeat until you've used all the mixture and stack the cooked pancakes up on plates.
- Decorate the stack of Nutella-stuffed pancakes with strawberries, drizzle with cream and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.