Creme Egg and French toast soldiers
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
They say an army marches on its stomach, and if we wanted them to have maximum energy then we know what we'd be feeding them: This delicious twist on egg and soldiers. Ok, so you wouldn't serve this up to the kids every day but for a fun holiday treat there's no beating it. They'll not believe their luck and you're sure to get plenty of mum brownie points! The soldiers are actually cinnamon French toast and because they're deliciously crunchy you can get a good dunk out of them into the Creme Egg fondant centres. For younger kids we think it's best to remove the tops before serving, as cutting into the chocolate can be slippy but if you've got older kids who like to get involved then arm them with a butter knife, a quick how-to and let them crack on! We'd also like to clarify that this Creme Egg and soldiers recipe is definitely not just for kids, make this as a fun breakfast in bed for your other half and you're sure to be in the good books.
- 2 x Creme Eggs
- 1 x slice white bread
- 1 x egg
- 1tbsp milk
- 2tsp sugar
- 1tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1tbsp butter
- Begin by arranging your egg cups and plates on the table so as soon as the French toast is ready you can tuck straight in.
- Add the Creme Eggs to your egg cups and get a frying pan on the cooker top.
- Meanwhile, whisk your egg, milk, vanilla and half the sugar together in a bowl. Dunk each bread slice in the mixture and leave to one side.
- Melt the butter in your warmed pan and then fry the bread for about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked and golden.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the warm French toast with the remaining cinnamon and sugar and cut into fingers.
- Arrange on your plate and tuck in!
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.