Coconut slice with chocolate and Bounty bars
Makes: 24 slices
Prep time:Plus 3 hrs chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you like chocolate Bounty bars then you're going to love this easy coconut slice. Made from an indulgent mix of fruit, coconut and chocolate it couldn't be easier to whip up - the ingredients are just a few store cupboard staples and some chocolate and it takes all of 10 minutes to melt everything together. This coconut slice will need 3 hours to set, which is bad news for those of us who could tuck straight into the mixture while it's warm, but it will be worth the wait - trust us. Simply pile into a lined tin and wait for the fridge to do its work. When sliced through this simple coconut slice combines the flavours and textures of the tropics with toasted notes and a rich chocolatey hit. If you're feeling like you might just need to make it a little more indulgent you could add a splash of coconut liqueur for a grown up treat. We think this coconut slice is perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon, but we wouldn't tell if you tucked into it pre-lunch either, it's pretty hard to resist.
- 2 x 180g bars dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 6tbsp golden syrup
- 2 x 160g cans coconut cream
- 125g olive oil spread
- 300g packet coconut biscuits, roughly crushed
- 60g raisins
- 30g coconut chips
- 4 x 57g bars Bounty, sliced
- 18 x 28cm (7 x 11in) rectangular tin, greased and lined
- Put the chocolate, golden syrup, coconut cream and olive oil spread into a pan. Heat together gently, stirring from time to time until melted and combined.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and raisins. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Scatter over the coconut chips and sliced Bounty bars. Chill for 3 hours before slicing into bars to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 301(kcal)
- Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.