Horseradish beef with roasted roots
Skill level: Bit of effort
Traditional cuts of meat served on the bone are especially tasty and this horseradish beef dish is a great way to serve your beef up this week. If youíre looking to switch up your usual roast beef recipe then give this delicious version a try this weekend and youíll not regret it. Using a mix of seasoning, horseradish and garlic to spread over the fat of the meat, it creates a really flavoursome dish. Served up with a heap of roasted things like sweet potatoes, parsnips and beetroot with thyme, there are also plenty of veggies in this recipe horseradish beef recipe, to help you towards your five-a-day and get many of those essential vitamins and minerals. Whatís more, this dish is ready in an hour, so itís a great quick roast recipe to go to if you donít want to spend too long in the kitchen. Since it serves 6 people, itís a great way to feed a crowd too.
- 1.6kg beef rib joint
- 1tbsp steak seasoning
- 2tbsp grated horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch of thyme
- 4 sweet potatoes, quartered
- 8 small parsnips, halved
- 4 raw beetroot, quartered
- 3tbsp olive oil
- To make this roast dinner recipe, heat the oven to 220įC or Gas Mark 7. Sprinkle the steak seasoning over the beef.
- Mix together the horseradish and garlic, and spread over the fat.
- Spread the thyme, sweet potatoes, parsnips and beetroot in a large roasting tin.
- Put the beef in the centre of the tin. Drizzle the oil over the meat and vegetables.
- Cook for 20 mins, turn the vegetables, and cover the meat with foil. Reduce the oven temperature to 200įC or Gas Mark 6 and cook for 40 mins.
- Leave the beef to stand for 10 mins before carving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 538(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.