Joe Wicks' Lean in 15 Goan fish curry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Joe Wicks' Lean in 15 Goan fish curry is the perfect recipe to make if you want to meal prep for the week ahead. With no carbs, this tasty fish curry recipe is rich in protein, so it's ideal if you're trying to loose weight and become leaner. This fish curry recipes serves two, but you can also double up the ingredients if you're feeding more people. This Lean in 15 curry recipe takes 15 mins to make, so you have no excuses not to make your own lunch at home for the week ahead. If you do, you're guaranteed a delicious meal everyday, and you'll also save money - so what are you waiting for? If you're not a big fish person, you can adapt this curry and make it with chicken, or even other types of fish, if it's haddock you're not a fan of. With plenty of fragrant spices, you'll definitely love this tasty curry recipe. Joe says: 'You donít need to go to India to enjoy a good curry. This recipe is surprisingly easy, but tastes incredible. If youíre not fond of fish, you could always use 250g of skinless chicken breast fillet instead. This is a good meal to batch-cook and freeze when youíre prepping like a boss...'
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3cm ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped Ė remove the seeds if you donít like it hot
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400ml tin of full-fat coconut milk
- 500g haddock fillet, skinned and cut into large chunks
- juice of 1 lime
- Ĺ bunch of coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Blitz the garlic, ginger, chilli and tomatoes in a food processor until smooth, then leave to one side.
- Melt the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Throw in the onion and fry for 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Sprinkle in the garam masala and cumin and fry, stirring continuously, for 30 seconds. Pour in the blitzed ingredients and bring to the boil before pouring in the coconut milk. Return to the boil again, then let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the haddock pieces to the curry, and bring back to a simmer. Cook the fish for about 3 minutes, or until it is just cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice and coriander, then serve.