Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Delicious, easy, and sure to please everybody, this chicken taquito recipe is packed with punchy flavours. Start by adding onion into a pan and cook until softened. Then add in your chicken fillets seasoned with the salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and ground coriander. Toss in the peppers and courgettes until tender and pour in 150ml of water. While thatís on simmer, donít forget to warm up your tortillas according to pack instructions. To make the salsa, mix onion, vinegar, honey, sweet corn and mango together. Then spoon in your taquitos mix and scatter jalapeno chilli peppers for an extra kick. Donít forget to roll them up and dip in salsa before tucking in.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved then sliced
- 400g skinless, boneless chicken fillets
- 1tsp each of ground coriander, ground cumin and paprika
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 2 courgettes, cut into matchsticks
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1tbsp jalapeŮo peppers, sliced, optional
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp runny honey
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 mango, halved, stoned and cubed
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins, to soften.
- Sprinkle the chicken fillets with salt, pepper, the ground coriander, cumin and paprika. Add to the onion in the pan and cook for 5 mins, turning as needed to lightly brown.
- Add the peppers and courgettes and cook for 5 mins, to soften. Pour in 150ml water, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Warm the tortillas according to pack instructions.
- To make the salsa, combine the onion, vinegar, honey, sweet corn and mango.
- Spoon the chicken on to the corn tortillas, scatter with jalapeŮo chilli peppers, if using, and roll up to enjoy with the salsa.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 621(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 4.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.