Eat Well For Less homemade gammon noodle pot
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Eat Well For Less homemade gammon noodle pot is a quick and easy lunch option if you're short on time. It's a super quick lunch recipe as it only takes 5 mins to prep and 10 mins to cook, so you'll have a delicious meal ready in just 15 mins! So quick and simple to put together, all you need to do come lunchtime is boil the kettle and wait a few minutes. This Eat Well For Less recipe is so simple to make that you can even make a different variation each day by adding your favourite spices to the mix. Ring the changes with your vegetables and mix and match to suit - try finely sliced sugar snap peas, mushrooms or mangetout, or sweetcorn kernels. Another way to achieve a different flavour is to add a teaspoon of curry powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon of Thai red curry paste - simple changes that will completely transform the taste of this cheap and quick dish. This Eat Well For Less recipe is also gluten-free, which is ideal if you're following a gluten-free diet or are gluten intolerant.
- 40g nest dried vermicelli rice noodles, broken in half
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free yeast extract
- 1 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp peeled and finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 1/4 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, then peeled into thin ribbons
- 25g frozen petits pois, defrosted
- 25g cooked gammon, shredded
- 25g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- If you have a large Kilner jar, then thatís perfect for this Eat Well For Less recipe, but if not, use a medium heatproof bowl or a large clean jam jar instead. Put the kettle on to boil.
- Place the noodles in the bottom of the jar or bowl, then add all the other ingredients on top, except the lime zest and juice.
- Pour over enough boiling water to just cover the ingredients (about 300ml). Cover with the lid or clingfilm and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir, then add the lime zest and juice. Stir again and season to taste with a little more yeast extract, soy sauce or chilli, if necessary.
- Serve immediately, straight from the jar or bowl.