Eat Well For Less layered yogurt bombe
Costs: Cheap as chips
This layered yogurt bombe from Eat Well For Less is the perfect dessert if you're looking for an impressive yet healthy dish to serve to guests. It takes a little time to set in the freezer, but is well worth the wait, and it's a great dessert for when you want to impress. Prepping this dessert if really quick - you only need 15 mins! But bear in mind that it will need to chill in the freezer for 2 hours, so remember that before you start making it. If you prefer to make it in advance, you can keep the bombe (covered) in the freezer for weeks and serve it another time. When you are nearly ready to serve this yogurt bombe, remove it from the freezer and defrost in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before turning out and cutting to serve. This yogurt bombe will serve 4 people, but you can easily double up the ingredient quantities if you need to feed more people. This recipe is really simple to make, and you only need 4 ingredients to whip it up. If you have leftovers - which we doubt you will - this delicious Eat Well For Less dessert will keep frozen for up to one month.
- 300g full fat natural yoghurt
- 200g blueberries
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 200g (prepped weight) mango, peeled, stoned and cut into chunks
- For this Eat Well For Less recipe put half of the yogurt into a small freezer-proof bowl - ideally one about 15cm in diameter. Blitz the blueberries and half of the honey in a food processor or blender until smooth, then stir into the bowl of yogurt and mix together really well. Smooth the surface over and wipe off any mixture from the sides of the bowl.
- Rinse out the food processor or blender, then add the mango and remaining honey and blitz together until smooth. Pour into a separate freezer-proof bowl, then stir in the remaining yogurt until well combined.
- Transfer both bowls to the freezer and freeze for about 1 1⁄2 hours until semi-frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and stir the yogurt mixtures until smooth, then smooth the semi-frozen blueberry yogurt flat again and wipe the sides of the bowl clean as before.
- Spoon the semi-frozen mango yogurt over the top and spread it level, then return the bowl to the freezer for another 2 hours, or until firm and set.
- Remove the bombe from the freezer, briefly dip the bowl in a separate larger bowl of hot tap water to loosen it slightly, then invert it onto a serving plate. Cut into quarters or wedges using a large sharp knife and serve immediately.