Salmon and potato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Salmon and potato salad is a bright and flavourful meal, packed with nutritious vegetables and delicious flakes of hot smoked salmon. It is so easy to make but gives such impressive results. The punchy mustard dressing has a hint of sweetness from the maple syrup and enhances the flavour of your salmon and potato salad ingredients. The pistachio nuts provide a satisfying crunch, and the radishes give the salad a beautiful burst of colour. Hot smoked salmon is available in most supermarkets and gives the salad a luxurious touch. This salmon and potato salad is full of brain boosting omega 3 fish oils and iron. It is a healthy and filling dish is perfect for summer get togethers.
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100g pistachios
- ¼tsp sea salt
- 200g French beans, trimmed, optional
- 125g watercress, rocket and spinach
- 200g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 200g radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Roast the potatoes with garlic and oil for 30 mins, until potatoes are tender and golden.
- Spread the pistachios on to a baking tray, scatter with sea salt and 3tbsp water. Cook in the oven for 3-5 mins, until nuts are toasted and the water has evaporated.
- If having, microwave the French beans with 2tbsp water for 3 mins, until tender; drain.
- Arrange the watercress, rocket and spinach on a platter. Top with the pistachios, beans, flaked salmon and radishes. Put the dressing ingredients in a jar with 2tbsp water and season. Seal and shake to mix. Serve with the salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 470(kcal)
- Fat 30.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.