Burrito breakfast wrap
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our breakfast wrap is a delicious and filling way to start the day. The warm tortilla wraps filled with scrambled eggs, spicy fried peppers, and fresh herbs are guaranteed to please. We’ve added some guacamole and grated cheddar cheese to take this simple Mexican breakfast to the next level. This veggie breakfast wrap is flavoured with smoked paprika, adding warmth and a hint of spice. If meat eaters wanted, they could add smoky chorizo, which would work perfectly with the Mexican flavours.
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp chilli sauce, optional
- Few sprigs of coriander or parsley, chopped, optional
- Juice of ½ lime
- 8 medium free-range eggs
- 100ml milk
- 30g butter
- 4 plain flour tortillas
- 1 large avocado, stoned, sliced and tossed with a squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- In a frying pan, cook the peppers in the oil for 10 mins. Add the paprika. Season and cook for 2 mins more.
- In a bowl, mix together the chilli sauce and chopped herbs, if using, and lime juice, and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and milk, and season. Melt the butter in a pan and cook the eggs over a medium-high heat, stirring gently, until just scrambled. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas under a preheated grill, then spoon a quarter of the scrambled eggs down the middle of each wrap, leaving about 5cm of space at the bottom to fold up. Top with the cooked peppers, avocado and cheese. Add a drizzle of the pepper sauce mix, fold up the base, then close the sides. Serve your veggie breakfast burrito with chilli sauce, or tomato ketchup, if you like, to drizzle over.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 633(kcal)
- Fat 40.0g
- Saturates 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.