Oreo dessert layer cake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our Oreo dessert layer cake is the perfect recipe for when you want to make a show stopping cake but donít want to turn on the oven! The layers of sweet vanilla cream and crunchy sandwich cookies come together to make the ultimate easy but impressive cake. Oreo desserts are always a popular choice for family events and kids birthday parties, so why not try making this Oreo dessert layer cake as a birthday cake for your favourite Oreo lover? This Oreo dessert cake can be prepared up to two days in advance, but needs to be left overnight before serving to allow the biscuits to soften slightly. This means that the cake is easy to cut into, and more importantly bite into, but still has a subtle cookie crunch. This Oreo dessert layer cake is easy but so impressive, and celebrates the classic flavour of cookies and cream that we all know and love.
- 800ml double cream
- 1tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 4 x 154g packs Oreo Original cookies
- 100g milk chocolate, grated
- 42g pack Mini Oreo cookies
- Whip the cream, until softly peaking, then stir in the vanilla bean paste and sugar.
- Arrange 1 pack of Oreos in a circle on a serving plate or a cake stand.
- Dollop on about a quarter of the cream and gently spread over to cover the biscuits. Sprinkle with a quarter of the grated chocolate. Repeat with 3 more biscuit layers.
- Decorate with the Mini Oreo cookies and a final sprinkling of chocolate. Chill overnight. This is ready to eat the following day, as the biscuits need to soften, so the cake can be cut. Serve within 2 days.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 646(kcal)
- Fat 49.0g
- Saturates 28.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.