Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our salmon pie is a delicious comfort food for the colder months whilst still making sure you get a weekly dose of fish. This salmon pie is luxurious and rich and the perfect dish after a wet and windy day. Either a week night treat or a perfect meal to impress ever the scariest of mother-in-laws!
- 100g asparagus
- 1.5kg small potatoes, sliced
- Few sprigs of mint
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 100ml white wine
- 2tsp English mustard
- 150ml single cream
- 2tbsp dill
- 500g salmon fillets cut into chunks
- 500g smoked haddock, cut in chunks
- 300g large prawns
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring 2 pans of salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus to one and the potatoes and mint to the other. Return to the boil. Simmer the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes until tender and drain. The potatoes, cook for 5-7 minutes, until almost tender, then drain.
- Heat oven to 200°C. Heat 1tbsp oil in a large pan, add leeks and cook gently over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the wine and mustard to the leeks and cook for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and stir in the cream and dill until it has all combined.
- Arrange the salmon, haddock and prawns in a pie dish, spreading them evenly throughout. Add the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over the lemon juice, stir to ensure the fish is evenly coated. Then pour over the leeks and creamy sauce; mix together.
- Cover with potato slices, making sure to cover as evenly as possible to ensure the same cooking time. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle the rest of the oil over the potatoes. Bake for 35 minutes until the potatoes are golden and the fish is tender.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 500(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.