Brownie and ice cream sandwiches
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Brownie and ice cream sandwiches are a quirky twist on a classic American pudding. Ice cream sandwiches are usually made with chocolate chip cookies, but we've gone for thin layers of rich chocolate brownies to make them even more special. This brownie and ice cream sandwich recipe is a decadent and delicious recipe, perfect for kids' birthday parties, a family film night, or a dinner party dessert that is a bit different! If you donít fancy salted caramel ice cream, you can use any flavour of ice cream you prefer, and give these brownie and ice cream sandwiches your own personal touch. They can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer, making life so much easier last minute.
- 2 x 180g bars dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 45g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 45g plain flour
- ľtsp baking powder
- 500ml tub Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 2 baking sheets, lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 180įC. Put all the chocolate in a bowl, resting over a pan of simmering water ensuring the bowl doesnít touch the water, with the butter.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale, thick and creamy. Fold in the sieved flour and baking powder, and chocolate mixture to evenly combine. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Drop equal spoonfuls of the mixture on to the lined baking trays, spacing them well apart so that if they spread they donít join together. Bake for 10 minutes, until puffed up and cracked. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut off packaging from ice cream Ė cut in half vertically, then slice each into 6. Sandwich the brownie cookies together with ice cream. Return to the freezer until youíre ready to serve these delicious brownie and ice cream sandwiches.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.