Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our halloumi burgers are a refreshing Greek burger recipe with peppers and a yoghurt sauce that puts a Mediterranean twist on dinner. These halloumi burgera are a fantastic and exciting recipe with roasted red peppers and a minty yoghurt sauce, giving you a fresh and zesty treat. Instead of grilling the halloumi on a pan, why not try placing it on the barbecue instead and charring them slightly to give a smoky flavour. To liven up your halloumi burger, why not add a little bit of lemon zest into your tzatziki or mint and natural yogurt sauce. Serve these halloumi burgers with some delicious baked courgette chips, or a fresh and herby tomato salad to up your vegetable intake for the day, and as a healthy alternative to chips.
- 250g pack of halloumi light cheese, cut into even 4 slices, width way
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced width ways
- 2 ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted under the grill or on the barbecue
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of rocket leaves for each burger
- Tzatziki or a mint and natural yogurt sauce
- Heat a griddle pan, add the halloumi slices and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until they’re evenly charred on both sides.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and add the sliced pepper. Cook for 2 minutes to heat through and give a little bit of colour to the slices.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the toasted ciabatta rolls with extra virgin olive oil and top with the grilled halloumi, a few slices of grilled peppers and a handful of rocket. Season with black pepper and serve with good dollop of tzatziki, or a mint and natural yogurt sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 600(kcal)
- Fat 33.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.