Grilled cod bowl
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our grilled cod bowl is a healthy yet delicious week night meal. You can make this dish in advance and freeze individual portions, so you have a home-made ready meal waiting for you for those evenings where you just don't have time to cook.
- 12 new potatoes, sliced
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red and Romano pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 3 x 150g cod fillets
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- small bunch of basil
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2tsp corn flour mixed with 2 tsp water
- 60g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
- 200g sugar snaps
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat grill to 220°C. Put the potatoes into a pan with boiling salted water and return to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes to soften. Drain the potatoes and spread out on a non-stick baking tray, brush with 1tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Line a roasting tin with a non-stick sheet of baking paper; spread the peppers out at one end.
- Put the cod at the other end of the tray and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the lemon juice and zest, garlic and several sprigs of basil. Drizzle over 1tbsp oil and cook for 10 mins, until fish and vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Heat milk in the microwave on high for 1 min, add the corn flour mixture and cook for 1 min. Stir until thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the grated cheese.
- Put the sugar snaps into a bowl with 2 tbsp of water and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the peppers, fish, sugar snaps, and potatoes between the plates. Drizzle the sauce over the potatoes. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 353(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.