Chilli pork noodles
Prep time:plus marinating
Total time:plus marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our chilli pork noodle bowls are a warming and delicious winter dish. This healthy week-night meal is easy to prepare, and can be made ahead and frozen, so you have a good-for-you ready meal for those days where there just isn't time to cook. Transport yourself to Japan with this incredible pork noodle recipe. It's a beautiful bowl full of Asian flavours.
- 450g pork fillet
- 2.5cm root ginger, grated
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2 nests (190g) medium egg noodles
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 2tsp sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 125g bean sprouts
- 1tsp red chilli, chopped
- sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
- Season the pork, sprinkle over the ginger, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Marinate and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 200°C and heat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Brown the pork in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan on a hot griddle pan for 5 minutes, turning as needed. Then put in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until juices run clear. Once cool, slice finely.
- Heat a pan of salted water. Add the egg noodles and cook for 4 minutes, or following the packet instructions, then drain them.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the red onion and cook for a few minutes, to soften.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan with the chilli sauce, and green beans. Cook for a few minutes to soften the beans.
- Divide the noodles between the bowls, then the beans, onion, finely chopped chilli, bean sprouts sliced pork. To garnish, place sprigs of coriander on top. Serve with lime wedges for added flavour.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 440(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.