Tikka prawn popadoms
Prep time:plus marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Tikka prawn popadoms are a fun and inventive canapé, perfect for any party. These tikka prawn popadoms will elevate any celebration with a sweet and tangy mango sauce and fresh and delicious prawns. The textural difference between the popadums and the sauce will both surprise and delight your guests. If you don’t like coriander, why not try garnishing this delicious tikka prawn popadom dish with some cumin seeds. Popadoms originated in India and can be mainly found being made in Rajasthan, but vary throughout the country, some being made with chickpea flour, lentils, rice, tapioca, or black gram flour whilst others are made out of potato - but one thing always stays the same, they’re always a crunchy and delightful treat with any Indian meal. Prawns have been used in Indian cuisine for decades, if not centuries. It’s a timeless pairing, but we’ve added a creamy, tangy, sweet dip to make sure your snacks stands out.
- 1tbsp tikka curry paste
- 150g raw, peeled prawns
- 2½tbsp mango chutney
- 2½tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 16 mini popadoms, to serve
- a handful of coriander leaves, to garnish
- Mix the tikka curry paste with the prawns. Stir and marinate for at least 10 mins or up to 4 hours.
- Place the mango chutney in a bowl and mix in the Greek yogurt, cover and chill.
- Heat a frying pan until it’s very hot, add the oil and fry the prawns for 2 minutes, or until pink and cooked through. Chill, if preparing ahead.
- To serve, top each mini popadom with 1tsp of the mango chutney and Greek yoghurt mixture and a prawn on top. Garnish with a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 40(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.