Minty pineapple carpaccio
Prep time:plus marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Pineapple carpaccio is a light and refreshing pudding perfect for after any celebration you’re planning on throwing. This Pineapple carpaccio recipe is simple but oh so delicious. After you’ve tried this recipe at home we guarantee you’ll never want to just serve ice cream again. Although carpaccio is Italian in origin, this Indian twist on a classic is zesty and crisp - ideal for a hot afternoon in the sun, when all you want is a cold drink and something delicate and fresh to eat. This dish is not just good for your state of mind but also for your body. Pineapple is packed full of vitamin C, which is thought to help reduce bloating, treat inflammation and indigestion, and is great for your immune system - what’s not to love. Your guests will leave healthier and chatting about how amazing your cooking is.
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 x 500ml tubs mango ice cream or sorbet
- lime wedges, to serve
- To peel and slice the pineapple, cut both ends off and stand it up. Using a sharp knife, follow the contours of the fruit and slice down, removing the skin, turning as necessary. Cut into quarters lengthways, cut the core away and slice into long, thin strips.
- In a bowl, mix the lime zest and juice with the sugar and mint leaves, until the sugar has dissolved. Add the pineapple and toss in the sugar mixture.
- Allow the pineapple to marinate for at least 1hr at room temperature, to combine the flavours. Serve with mango ice cream or sorbet and lime wedges on the side.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 194(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.