Birthday party giant rice krispie cake
Prep time:plus chilling
Total time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our giant rice krispie cake takes a childhood baking classic and turns it into a two tiered cake, ready to share with friends and family. This no-bake giant rice krispie cake is so easy to make and is a fun addition to any kids’ birthday party. You can personalize this giant rice krispie cake by using your favourite chocolates and sweets to decorate.
IngredientsFor the basic recipe:
- 2 x 227g packets dairy toffees
- 250g butter or olive oil spread
- 2 x 200g packet marshmallows
- 350g Rice Krispies
- 2 Mars bars, sliced
- 4tbsp double cream
- 120g packet giant white chocolate buttons
- 150g packet mini marshmallows
You will need:
- 20cm and 15cm deep cake tins, greased and lined
- Unwrap the toffees and put them in a large non-stick pan with the butter or spread. Heat gently for several mins until the butter has completely melted, then stir quickly to combine with the melting toffees.
- Add the marshmallows and warm through for 2 mins. Mix vigorously to combine everything together.
- Slowly tip in the Rice Krispies and mix everything together until it is all well coated in toffee mixture.
- Quickly spoon the mixture into both tins. Use a wooden spoon and push down firmly into the corners, to level the surface. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, heat the Mars bars and cream in a small non-stick pan and stir together to create a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Put the larger cake on to a cake stand. Drizzle some sauce over the top and sides of the larger cake. Press the small cake on top and drizzle the top and sides with more chocolate sauce.
- Press on white chocolate buttons, and the mini marshmallows. To serve, lift off individual layers of cake and cut into portions.