Joe Wicks' Veggie Super Bowl
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Joe Wicks vegetarian dish is a delicious choice for an easy-to-make, nutritious lunch. Using lentils and chickpeas, this veggie lunch recipe is packed with healthy protein that will keep you full, which is a massive help if you're a fan of snacking but want to shed the pounds. The best part about Joe Wicks' Veggie Super Bowl, also known as the Body Coach, is that it takes no time to cook - all you need 15 mins and you'll have a homemade meal that's packed with goodness. This dish is veggie but we bet any carnivore will also love it - and it's especially great if you want to add more veg to your diet. Joe Wicks says: 'Here's a vegetarian meal that is packed full of goodness and flavour. It makes a great lunch on the go, so box it up and carry it to work for the win.'
IngredientsFor this vegetarian recipe:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x 250g pack pre-cooked puy lentils
- 1/4 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 75ml very hot vegetable stock
- 2 cooked beetroots, finely chopped
- 1/4 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp mint, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 50g midget trees (tenderstem broccoli), thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, de-stoned
- 30g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a wide non-stick saucepan and add the lentils, chickpeas and stock.
- Stir and cook for 3–4 minutes over a high heat, or until the stock is absorbed.
- Chuck in the the beetroots and fennel and remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the chopped herbs, vinegar and orange juice.
- In a small saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, blanch the midget trees for 2 minutes, then drain and add into the lentil mixture. Season and toss to mix well.
- Place a non-stick griddle pan on a high heat and when hot add the avocado, cut side-down. Griddle for 3 minutes.
- Place the quinoa mixture in a wide bowl, top with the griddled avocado and scatter with feta and the pumpkin and pomegranate seeds, if using. Season and serve.
The Fat Loss Plan by Joe Wicks is out now (Bluebird).