White chocolate and raspberry cake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Our white chocolate and raspberry cake is baked in a Bundt tin which gives it a distinctive pretty shape. Add an extra drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkling more of fruit and you’ll be in sweet heaven. By its nature, this white chocolate and raspberry cake is very sweet but the sharp fruit balances it out perfectly. We think it's best to serve this tasty treat as soon as it is ready and while the glaze is still warm. It would make a brilliant partner to a fresh cuppa. Why not invite some friends over and host your own cream tea?
- Butter and flour, for greasing
- 340g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 340g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 160g butter
- 110g white chocolate, melted
- 110g white chocolate
- 125ml double cream
- 100g raspberries, plus extra, to serve
- A bundt cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease and flour a bundt pan. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar.
- Gently heat the milk, stir in the butter and white chocolate. Remove from the heat and stir until melted. Once cool, mix this through the flour mixture and beat in the eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour batter into prepare tin. Place in the oven to bake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool fully before icing.
- For the icing: mash the raspberries through a sieve. Mix the cream and chocolate together and heat until the chocolate has just melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the raspberry juice whilst the chocolate mixture is still warm.
- Pour warm glaze over the cake and serve with fresh raspberries.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 403(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.